5 Things You Should Know About Richfield Living’s Assisted Living Residences
When a parent needs extra help to stay safe, adult children typically begin researching senior care options. Most recognize that their aging loved one wants the best quality of life while also maintaining their privacy and independence. Finding a senior housing solution that meets each of those needs is vital.
An assisted living community is often the ideal solution. While these communities vary greatly, most offer assistance with the activities of daily living in a safe, thoughtfully designed environment.
Families in Roanoke County, Virginia will be happy to discover Richfield Living, a senior living community, incorporates the best of all worlds: independence and privacy together with personal care, life enrichment, and around-the-clock support.
Here’s what makes Richfield so unique.
5 THINGS FAMILIES SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ASSISTED LIVING AT RICHFIELD LIVING
- Two different residences on one campus: At Richfield, you will find two assisted living residences on one campus. While each residence looks and feels a little different, both offer the same commitment to quality care and resident autonomy.
- Unique personality: With two assisted living residences on one campus, The Oaks and The Joseph C. Thomas Center, older adults can decide which one is a better match for their lifestyle and needs. The Oaks is a single-story assisted living residence where residents have a private or semi-private suite. Meals are served in an elegant dining room, and residents have a variety of menu options from which to choose each day. At The Joseph C. Thomas Center, each assisted living resident has their own private room. Residents live in households limited to just 16 people. They share a kitchen, living area, laundry, and outdoor courtyard.
- Variety of features, services, and amenities: At Richfield Living, we know the little details can make a big difference in how comfortable and safe a senior feels. In both of our residences you will find support with personal care and medication management, along with housekeeping and laundry services, social and recreational activities, a beauty/barber shop, scheduled outings, Wi-Fi, and much more.
- Access to a continuum of care: Residents and their families gain peace of mind knowing additional types of care and services are available should care needs change. For example, a senior who is hospitalized for an illness or planned surgery might need to continue their rehabilitation after leaving the hospital. They can receive that short-term care in The Rehab Center at Richfield.
- We are a non-profit community: As a mission-driven, 501(c) (3) organization, we work hard to offer care services at an affordable price. Through the contributions of generous donors and community organizations, we are able to maintain the highest quality of care and even offer financial assistance to residents who experience unexpected financial setbacks.
Joseph C. Thomas Center
Richfield Living Campus
The Oaks Dining Room
The Fireside Café at The Oaks
Joseph C. Thomas Courtyard
Joseph C. Thomas Kitchen