Between Hospital and Home: Richfield Living Short-Term Care Options in Virginia
For many, leaving the hospital is just the beginning of the road home after surgery, illness or injury. The next stop is short-term care in Virginia. But what are the options? What can you expect? And how do you get back to the life you love? Let’s find out.
The Rehab Center at Richfield Living
First let’s talk about what you shouldn’t expect: a traditional nursing home setting. When considering short-term rehab at Richfield, you’ll find a new level of comfort and experienced care. While The Rehab Center is on the campus of our retirement community in Virginia, it is a dedicated community designed specifically to serve as your bridge between your hospital stay and home.
Thanks to years of experience, the latest technology, and a caring, knowledgeable team, we’ll help you achieve your recovery goals with:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation for fractures, total joint replacements and cumulative trauma
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary care
- Renal care
- Post-surgery recovery
- Gait recovery
In a homey environment with features such as:
- Private rooms that offer a private bathroom with shower as well as a personal phone, safe and small refrigerator
- Meals made to order and delivered to your room or served in our café
- Flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi internet access, hair salon and personal laundry facilities
- A business center equipped with computers to help you remain connected
How do you get started?
During hospitalization, we’ll consult with your hospital clinicians to ensure all information regarding your rehab needs is communicated clearly and effectively. Upon request, non-medical assist from the hospital can also be provided. Patients at The Rehab Center stay anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on their condition. We even offer a Pre-Planning Program so those with scheduled elective procedures can prepare for their stay in advance for added peace of mind.
Richfield’s Outpatient Therapy Clinic
Within The Rehab Center, you’ll find our Wellness Center, home to Richfield’s Outpatient Therapy Clinic. This clinic serves Richfield residents and non-residents of all ages from our surrounding Virginia communities.
We offer physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy and feature a collection of strength/cardio equipment as well as aquatic therapy programs in our saltwater pool.
Outcome-driven rehab programs are available for the following:
- Lower back pain recovery and management
- Surgical recovery and post-fracture rehabilitation
- Work injuries
- Balance, fall and endurance issues
- Weakened mobility and function
- Orthopedic conditions including upper and lower extremities
- Range of motion and strengthening
- Activities of daily living analysis and training
We also offer evaluation and treatment of speech, language and swallowing issues resulting from stroke, brain injuries and progressive illnesses.
To learn more about short-term care in Virginia, and to meet our therapists, Richfield Living nurses and support team, contact us today to schedule a visit.