The Health Center - Salem Campus
Putting our residents first
When the need arises for your loved one’s constant nursing care, the The Health Center – Salem Campus provides comprehensive, long-term care delivered 24/7 by a team of knowledgeable healthcare professionals. To further enrich the lives of residents in our care, The Health Center – Salem Campus is the first long-term care facility in Southwest Virginia to adopt the household model of care.
This household initiative means that residents have the choice of when to wake up, mealtimes, and bathing patterns. Medicine, food, and activities are tailored around their specific needs. Private accommodations surround living areas with televisions, fireplace, and hearth. The heart of our household is the kitchen, where residents’ favorite snacks are always available. When it comes to meals, our dining room encourages fellowship and everyone has a place at the table.
The nursing style has changed as well. The care team includes a clinical and a household coordinator, and members share responsibilities of managing the household. Employees will work in one household only, and are cross trained to perform housekeeping tasks, assists to the bathroom, or cook a meal. This assures that residents receive quality service at any time, for any need, from familiar and trusted faces.
Along with the nursing style, the physical setting and layout flows in a new direction. Each household has a front door complete with porch, mailbox, and doorbell. Visitors ring the doorbell for admittance, where they will find a large cozy living room with comfortable furniture for lounging and watching television along with private bedrooms for every resident. A full kitchen for enjoying meals and time around the table is open to residents.
The social changes create a climate that encourages residents to lead in their care. The community can decide to have a party, adopt a pet, or work a puzzle. They will have a budget to buy special treats and the food available will include items they enjoy. Each household will have a culture that reflects the personalities of the residents, much like a family.
When you ring the doorbell to one of our four households you will feel the difference in nursing care that Richfield Living has and continues to make. It would be our pleasure and great honor to have you and your loved ones call us home. Call 540.380.4500 for more information.
The Health Center - Salem Campus | Fees & Amenities
Long-Term Nursing and Memory Care
The Health Center – Salem Campus is licensed to participate in both the Medicare and Medicaid programs, and is a contracted provider for most major insurances and managed care plans.
Private w/shared bath
Fees Include The Following Services & Amenities:
- Registered, licensed and certified nursing assistants on-duty 24 hours-a-day
- Deluxe private room with kitchenette and EDA compliant bath
- Private room with shared EDA compliant bath
- Personalized breakfast options
- Full dining experience with lunch & dinner menu choices
- Personal washer & dryer
- Flat screen TV in room
- WiFi access
- Rooms furnished with bed, nightstand and dresser, or resident can bring personal furnishings
- Nutritional oversight by Registered Dietitian
- Living room with comfortable seating and big-screen TV
- Sunroom looking out over campus
- Activity Room
- Meditation Room
- Skylights Café with outdoor patio
- Training/Community Room
- Secure garden with walking path
- Beautifully landscaped grounds surrounded by magniﬁcent mountain scenery
- Campus security 24 hours-a-day
- Chaplaincy services
- Gift shop on main floor
Services available for an additional charge:
- Physician services
- Prescription drugs
- Therapy services
- Incontinence supplies
- Personal telephone service
- Personal laundry service
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies
- Laboratory/Radiology/Podiatry services
- Hair salon services
- Mental health services
- Resident security bracelet
- Optometric / Audiology services
- Transportation services
Schedule a call or visit
We’d love to answer your questions or give you a tour. We’ll be in touch soon!
Please allow 48 hours in advance for scheduling a visit.